Individual and group trainings in Equestrian Life Coaching, Sports Coaching and Leadership.
Services offered by the hour or clinic format for groups
Equestrian Life Coaching
Discover your path and enjoy the journey of life through your connection and insight into horses. Horses help us learn about ourselves and often provide us support as we travel through life. If horses are your passion, then discovering your purpose in life and how to take positive action toward your goals through Equestrian Life Coaching may be your path. Coaching skills may also assist facilitators in a variety of horse-human interaction professions
Free initial consultation. Coaching packages offered virtually and in person.
Leadership development involves self discovery and growth. Leaders are created by others because they have the ability to build teams and empower others. Courses, clinics and coaching offered on how to develop leadership skills through horses and riding. Learn communication, collaboration, and empowerment skills to use in your teaching program, professional practice or just for yourself.
Equestrian Sports Coaching
Learn what horse and rider must know to feel confident in competition or just enhance your teaching skills. Learn how to manage stress and develop collaborative partnership with your horse for optimum performance so you both have a “winning attitude”.
Emerging Fields of Equestrian Psychology Develop Various Horse-Human Interaction Fields
Equestrian psychology involves more than just sports coaching. It encompasses the fields of horse and human psychology and the various interactions and connections they share. From equine-assisted therapy to performance coaching, equestrian psychology has emerged as a new field in psychology. Fostering an understanding of both equine and human behavior as well as the dynamics of the partnership, equestrian psychology explores the relationships between horse and human and the various reason they come together.
Many good trainers naturally have coaching skills and hence have been using these skills in their training of horses and people. Psychologists are entering the field from the sports and performance side seeing the benefit of how horses help people.
Because the field of human-horse interaction has been the domain of horse trainers and instructors or just general “common knowledge”, there are little or no regulations or standards for programs.
This has created a variety of names within the same field as individuals seek new ways to describe their own programs as unique. This has also lead to the development of a variety of associations as communities start to form around a common or shared vision.
Please contact me if you are interested in the filed of Equestrian Psychology and Coaching so we can help evolve this field.
If you are interested in sponsoring a coaching clinic/talk or having a series of coaching sessions, please contact me as well.
The following outlines a sample of various named programs emerging in the field of equestrian psychology and horse-human interactions/coaching. These are terms used by various professionals and in some cases certification programs and associations. Similar to the human “Life Coaching ” field it is likely that various disciplines from both the human professional side and the equine professional side will continue to evolve and define the practices.
Please let me know if you know of others so we can update.
- Horse-Human Relationships
- Horse-Human Interaction
- Equine Interaction
- Certification Board for Equine Interaction Professionals (www.cbeip.com)
- National Association of Equine Affiliated Academics ( www.naeaa.com)
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine Assisted Growth & Learning Association (www.eagala.org)
- Equine Assisted Leadership
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Horse Assisted Education
- European Association for Horse Assisted Education (www.eahae.org)
- Association Equine Assisted Learning & Accredited Qualifications (www.equineassistedqualifications.com)
- Equine Assisted Mental Health
- Equine Assisted Learning and Mental Health course (www.prescott.edu)
- Equine Facilitated Learning
- Equine Facilitated Leadership
- Equine Facilitated Coaching
- Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
- Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy and Learning ( http://humanequinealliance.org)
- EAGALA (www.http://www.eagala.org/)
- Equine Guided Leadership
- Equine Guided Learning
- Equine Guided Education
- Equine Guided Education Association ( www.equineguidededucation.org)
- Equine Inspired Activities
- Equine Inspired Coaching
- Equine Mediated Learning
- Trans-Species Communication & Learning
- Sports and Performance Psychology
- Equine Sports Coaching
- Equine Coaching
- Equine Life Coaching
- Equine Experimental Learning (EEL)
- Equine Experimental Learning Association ( E3A) ( http://e3assoc.org/)
- Equine Sports Science
- Equine Somatic Therapy
- Equine Somatic Psychotherapy
- Equestrian Coaching
- Equestrian Performance Coaching
- Equestrian Leadership
- Equestrian Life Coaching
- Equestrian Therapy
- Equitation Science
- International Society for Equitation Science ( www.equitationscience.com)
- International Center for Anthrohippology ( http://www.anthrohippology.org/eelprograms.html EquaSense Equine Therapy Certificate
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship ( used to be NARHA) (www.pathintl.org)
- Somatic Equine Assisted Learning Association ( SEAL)
- Therapeutic Horsemanship
More Information and Directory Coming Soon