What ecologists have been talking about for years, has finally reached a critical mass in consciousness creating hundreds of blogs and organizations offereing information about how to live sustainably .
Here are just a few blogs.
1. Eco-Living – Eco-living is the art of living your dreams while minimising your impact on the environment. Topics will include waste, energy, recycling, green building, transport, food, product reviews, book reviews and anything else to help readers live within ecological limits.
2. Eco-Chick – This site it all about fashion and makeup while staying green, thinking about the environment since as they point out “Mother Earth is a Woman”.
3. City Happy – The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life. Although this site may not have many new post moving forward, it has a wealth of information that is still very good to read through.
4. The Constant Gardener – This is another site about a small garden by someone who is married with a child, journaling the process of living with a family while maintaining a garden.
5. Eco Village Green – Joe Barrios uses this site to share his knowledge and experiences in everything around living green. He hopes that through reading his site, he will be able to help others to start thinking about the environment.
6. Alltop – This site has articles on anything and everything you ever wanted to know about living green. From politics to gardening, if you have a question, it’s here.
7. Green LA Girl – Siel is an environmental writer and activist, and green LA girl is her personal blog about eco-friendly, sustainable living in Los Angeles.
8. Gaiam Life – This site is a gathering place to communicate our values and to provide people with a gathering place to share thoughts, ideas and feelings about the world we live in and our relationship with it. We hope that our microcosm of the world community is a nurturing, supportive, positive destination for people seeking health, wellness and sustainable living.
9. Living Green, Living Well – This blog is about the things we CAN do. Intentional green practices can help us all live more in alignment with what’s good for the air we all breathe, the land we call home and the water we all drink. We become what we practice.
10. No Impact Man – A blog by Colin Beavan about what each of us can do to end our environmental crisis, make a better place to live for ourselves and everyone else, and hopefully come up with a happier way of life along the way.
11. That Green Blog – Their mission is to reduce environmental degradation and improve quality of life by fostering new consumption patterns and promoting sustainable lifestyles.
12. The Go Green Blog – The Go Green Blog is a great place to find information and facts about the environment. You can also learn easy tips & tricks, as well as find some awesome eco-friendly products to incorporate into your everyday routine to make your lifestyle a Green one.
13. The Green Bean – This site is about everything Green, from fashion to health, if you want to know about it, this site has it.
14. The Go Green Blog – The Go Green Blog is a great place to find information and facts about the environment. You can also learn easy tips & tricks, as well as find some awesome eco-friendly products to incorporate into your everyday routine to make your lifestyle a Green one.
15. Chelsea Green – For over 26 years, Chelsea Green has been the publishing leader for books on the politics and practice of sustainable living. In this site you can read about the books as well as purchase them.
16. EcoGeek – EcoGeek was conceived and founded (and is run and edited) by Hank Green. Hank spends most of his time thinking about how our brains can save our planet and has, in the last few years, become something of an expert on the subject. He appears regularly on Planet Green’s nightly news show “G Word,” and has written on the subject for a variety of print and online magazines.
17. Environmental News Network – ENN is the leader in environmental news. If you want to know what’s going, from life to laws, you will find it in this site.
18. Enviroblog – This site offers smart discussion of the latest science and news on toxins in your food, water, and air, and what government agencies should be doing to protect public health.
19. Green Living Project – This sites mission is to educate and inspire individuals and communities to live a more sustainable lifestyle through stories focused on unique and diverse examples of sustainability from around the world.
20. GreenYour – This site was started by a group of environmental experts, writers and researchers who felt the need for an online resource that people could turn to for answers on how to “green” anything.